Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. Haha Yosephlost! Great show as always, Daven and Simon! I'm glad this is coming back, I really missed the podcast. I'd imagine the Preying Mantis and other things, like the Dark Fishing spider (Dolomedes Tenebrosus,) ranks up there for worst mating experience as the male dies after mating. The practice is known as sexual cannibalism. Here's a paper on the Dolomedes Tenebrosus, with research being conducted by NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3730621/ I find it interesting they looked at it from a context of monogyny, and, quote: "Unexpectedly, however, we observed that mating results in obligate male death and genital mutilation."
  3. Earlier
  4. Worse animal than the male duck when it comes to mating?
  5. Aanchal Mittal

Why are cakes exempt from the Value Added Tax in the UK?

Even I am also interested in knowing about the same.😊
  6. Daven

Twice Executed

We salute you Bertrand de Blanc!
  7. shortylovesdumplings

Another when will the next episode be post

Brilliant news Looking forward to it very much! Big thanks to Daven, Simon and the production team ❤️
  8. Tomahawkid

When is the podcast coming back?

Simon.......how dare he think that weddings are more important that giving us a podcast 😂 I'm glad to hear it's on the way, that gives me some hope 😁
  9. Daven

Technically that's Simon's fault. 😉 We recorded one a couple weeks ago but he had to go on a trip for a wedding and hasn't gotten the editing and proofing done yet. 😉
  10. Tomahawkid

One month later..... Still nothing.....😭
  11. Ryleemenke

These are the only things that get me through the week and I’m running out of old ones to listen to ):
  12. Daven

Another when will the next episode be post

It's coming. Simon had a little trip for a wedding recently and we've both been too swamped to get it all edited up, but the latest episode is recorded. It just needed a bit more editing than normal as we did it a very different way this time and are still working out the kinks of the new recording system. 🙂 The podcast will be a more regular thing going forward. Doesn't really matter that it's mostly just a really expensive and time consuming hobby at this point. 😉 We think it has good prospects based on the response we've received so far and the steady growth, even despite the occasional long layoffs.. Thanks for your patience. 🙂
  13. Daven

New podcast on iTunes

It's coming. 🙂 Needed final listen through has been sitting on Simon's figurative desk for a while now, but he was swamped with getting ahead with other work before needing to take a little trip to a wedding last week. Soon! 🙂
  14. Sorry for the same topic as the last few posts. Like every one else I absolutely love the podcast but have no update on google podcasts since 3/29/19. I saw there was a youtube live stream that was maybe a podcast on 5/14/19 but never saw it on google podcasts. So i guess what I am getting at is when is the next podcast? And any idea of when there will be a regular schedule again? Or has the podcast become too expensive and time consuming to keep doing? Any news would be awesome, even if it is just an "not sure yet." Anyways have a totally rad week Daven, Simon, and everyone else who makes TIFO possible.
  15. Rich

New podcast on iTunes

Bump
  16. We all see cop shows where the "hero" police character shoots and kills a whole slew of bad guys, but what is the greatest number of people killed by a single police officer in the line of duty? I would think that after the second they wouldn't be allowed back in the field.
  17. Goam

Chernobyl's mutations

Supposedly the hunting "expedition" (random tourists) illegally rented kalashnikova rifles in pripyat, and on the way to the woods surrounding chernobyl's ground zero, they obliged the many radiation warnings provided by citizens and government provided signs/banners. Ive rambled on this forum, solo (somewhat embarrassingly), but an episode on the subject by the two best podcaster's gets my guts giggly. So, anyway, all done, love the show, and hope this was at least a random tidbit for those reading.
  18. Goam

Chernobyl's mutations

To expand on the title. I had heard of six tusked boars successfuly reproducing multiple generations, four winged birds, and other such animals that are limited in documentation due to they're native environment being highly irradiated. I just want to hear more from those who are better at researching than I am. Also the subject might be commercially prosperous since HBO is apparently coming out with a chernobyl mini-series.
  19. Goam

Chernobyl's mutations

I was wondering if you two would be interested in doing a chernobyl/pripyat/result of mutations in animals/cultural consequences; whatever you feel. Itd be great with the loose yet informative format of the facts and convo available in your program. Thanks so much for the entertainment, absolutely a fan
  20. Christian Carier

The princess Bride

I didn't know that was a thing.
  21. Zitka

The princess Bride

It's a disaster for a chronic double speeder like me, it goes all choppy if I try to play it faster than 1..2 speed. (Brilliant for finding out if a longrunning podcast has done an episode on a specific topic though)
  22. Christian Carier

Karl Swallwood curses a lot

Yes he is hilarious and quite awesome. 😂👍
  23. Brezendrache

Women Listeners

Actually, I do watch a lot of Your Youtube Videos. But I don't think YouTube knows I'm female 😉 I usually don't bother with changing the default options when I set up an account. So maybe I'm not so only lazy Account person. I like the podcast just as well as the videos. It is the first and only podcast I ever listened to and the only reason I tried it was that I really like the youtube channel. PS: The German pronunciation is usually awful, but it's kind of funny to guess what it should have sounded like. PPS: I like the Space episodes PPPS: I use Google Podcasts, is there even an option to write a review because? I couldn't find it
  24. Daven

One of the best things about Karl Smallwood is he has zero filter with his own stuff and embodies the classic "no fucks were given that day" attitude and is just hilarious because of it. 🙂 The other great thing about Karl is he actually seems like a pretty thoughtful guy in a lot of ways as well and takes his work very seriously, which seems like two things that couldn't possibly overlap in a ven diagram, but here we are. 🙂. It's actually I think one of the reasons his channel is so, so good. That mixing of those two qualities. Tons of respect for Karl is what I'm trying to say. His channel is hilarious (literally the only edutainment channel I watch outside of the occasional Lindybeige) and his work on TIFO over the years has always been greatly appreciated. Very happy to see his channel and personal work take off like it has. 🙂 .
  25. Christian Carier

I thought I found the wrong YouTube channel because your channel seems to make and effort not to have any cursing in it. But no I found the right channel 😂. It's so funny! The video I watched had like five fbombs💣 in one sentence. When you promote this channel, you might want to slip in a comment that when you click on one of his videos if there's a guy ranting and cursing then you are in the right place. It's good but I can't listen this one when I'm at work. Which is where I sometimes watch your videos "on my break" right,🙄 and the first video I tried to watch I was at work and I was like no you got to go off I will watch you later. 😂🤣😂
  26. Christian Carier

The princess Bride

And thanks for the Google podcast app recommendation it is better than stitcher for sure
  1. Load more activity