Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Daven

The Most Powerful Pirate

Very enjoyable podcasts and today's edition was most entertaining. Regarding Canadians and road-rage: I've found it very evident in Ottawa, the nation's capitol, including speeding. Not sure why since Ottawa is a government town, so people shouldn't be in any rush to get anywhere. I suspect there's some correlation between anonymity and frustration/anger. I guess if you "peak behind the curtain", Canadians are far more angry than the friendly and polite image they like to portray.

Simone - you need to get yourself one of those traveling audio boxes like the host of Sword and Scale uses.  Then when you stay with inconsiderate people that don't think about your recording needs you will have your own plan!  I am trying to find the picture he posted, it's hilarious!  Just sticks his head in a box and records!

A question was asked about alcohol being served on Navy ships: the US Navy doesn't unless you are out at sea for more than 45 days and then it's only like 1 or 2 cans of beer. The RN (and most other countries' navies) are more liberal with alcohol on their ships.