Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Daven

The Forgotten Plague- Dance Mania

Mass hysteria is always an interesting topic. Hysteria meaning in the generic "acting oddly" not "wandering uterus" way. Pre-scientific gynecology was... weird.

As an aside question to myself: How did giggling inappropriately during a performance acquire the name corpsing?

I listened so I could honestly check the poll that "I am female and I listen to Brain Food." I was rewarded by learning cool things and, equally important, bird mask doctor meme ready to fight the ghosts in my blood. Top stuff! 

• Like 1

SIMON AND DAVEN IN REGARDS TO THE SILK ROAD (DARK WEB KIND) THERE IS a podcast called Case File and case 76 has a 3 part series on The Silk Road, its pretty interesting if you want to take a listen!  Glad to have you guys back!!!!

First: Simon left out the reason why the Aachen Christmas market is so rad. It's because it's the city that has to show off the most for the Christmas, as they are right on the border of Belgium and the Netherlands. Luxembourg and France are also quite close. Side thought, you point out later that it's infeasible for the 1374 event to spread to multiple countries, but this doesn't hold up geographically, especially since circa 1374, the vicinity of Aachen was a total geographical mess:

https://www.euratlas.net/history/europe/1400/1400_Northwest.html

Edit: I knew about Aachen because I had a roommate from there while I was living in Germany. He says he used to go on bike rides that went through all 3 countries.

Edited by mrwater