Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Daven

Why Do People in Some Countries Drive on the Left and Others on the Right? (+Contest Winners)

A phenomenal way to rip a plane's wings off is to pull up like crazy when the plane is rapidly hurtling towards the ground. 😉

Samoa changed from rightside to leftside of the road in 2009 or thereabouts.  There were too many crashes in New Zealand where a lot of Samoans go short term for seasonal work. Also  much cheaper secondhand imported cars from Japan instead of from the US or Europe.

On the subject of being right/left oriented, I used to be ambidextrous when I was younger and ended up right handed. I don't remember if it was forced upon me or not, but interestingly enough, I'm left footed. I always assumed it was because of that.

The stickers on the headlights are still a thing same with with GB stickers for right steeringwheel cars that drive in the rest of Europe.  Did 1 week in Scotland with my Dutch car. It took a few minutes to get really used to driving the other side. 

I dont know about other things, but with a motorcycle, I was taught to mount from the left side because it's the lower side. The kickstand is always on the left. Some motorcycles have a center stand, but traditionally the kickstand is on the left.