Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

SimonWhistler

General Podcast Feedback

Probably weekly at first and then every other week after.  They take a ton of work both in researching / planning and then production and editing after.  So not enough time to maintain a weekly for long I bet with all the other stuff we do.  That said, it will probably get quicker as we do more of them and polish the process, as well as perhaps bring on board a producer and what not.  But for now the plan is more or less weekly for as long as we can manage it (I'd guess a few weeks) and then every other week.

Great first episode.  I especially liked that you sounded like you enjoyed doing it.

so many podcasts I tune out of because the presenters sound as though they’ve been doing it for too long, and are no longer as into it as they once were.   It’s always great to have something fresh and lively, especially with familiar voices.

looking forward to more!

Really enjoying the podcast guys, keep up the good work. I have to say that even thought I didn't think Simon was putting on his accent I imagined he probably sounded a bit different when just having a conversation so it was fun to see how wrong I was. :)

I've listened to all 5 posted episodes of the podcast and I really like it!  I will definitely continue to listen whenever new episodes are posted.

In terms of the format, I think the interviews in episode 4 and 5 were a bit long (though I was interested in the information).  It just seems like a bit of a big break in between the other sections of the podcast and was a bit disconnected in my opinion.  Maybe if you do a separate interview episode every couple of episodes where you do 1 or 2 interviews?  

My favourite sections of the podcast are of course the main topic and also the bonus facts.  That is probably because I'm a long term subscriber to the newsletter, and tend to like the level of detail on the topic and also all the fun extra stuff.  

Either way, keep up the excellent work!  You guys are great!

The worst thing about the podcast is that now that I am caught up, I don't have any more to listen to until your next release day :( I'm normally not one for interview based podcasts, I like things like Cortex and Hello Internet, and my focus really is just on people telling me interesting things, I also listen to the Revolutions podcast, but you guys seem to have been able to merge the "2 guys talking" and "telling me interesting things" ideas with "interview" which seems rather novel to me.

Really enjoying these podcasts and a fan of toptenz and all the other shows, I propose a new drinking game to replace "mini documentary" as every episode one of you apologises for mispronouncing something; between the podcasts, toptenz and today I found out I'm now Oliver Reed levels of drunk (I'm talking pre-death, pre-gout, post relapse, cool sideburns, locked in a pub alone listening to Iron Maiden levels of drunk)

Fun game to play!

Seriously though great podcasts and shows; and  fantastic topics but no need to apologise about mispronouncing  names all the time (unless the drinking game stays?)

I've just binge-heard this podcast and it's just amazing. I love the youtube channel but I love the podcast even more as I can just put it on spotify and let it run. I must say that the french accent is on point and really funny to hear (being a french-speaking person myself and having to deal with the problems of learning several languages). I will however complain that you only care about apple, I also want a 100$ amazon gift card!

I find it really funny that the day after I found myself wondering if Simon was involved with any podcasts, I hear about the brainfood show on YouTube...  Immediately jumped over and am currently binging via my Google assistant app.  I love the channels, but really enjoy the long form of the podcast.  I would (probably a minority opinion} gladly watch hour long Today I Found Out and Biographics videos if you made them.  I look forward to the podcast taking off and this community really having some interesting discussions.  

I don't have iTunes, so I post my review here.

I quite like the fact based, not too keen on the "how to grow your youtube channel" stuff, so I'm happy that it's too different episode and I can just skip the episode.

In general, I think the podcast lacks in sound design. I really miss some signature music. The whistling was aweful, the guitar tune is a bit better, but I'd rather hear some music in there. Some other podcasts do this very well and I find it super relaxing. Also, stop saying "too bad you can't see the picture", just try to describe it with more descriptive words, as you might describe it to a blind person.

As far as I'm aware the podcast is not yet on spotify owing to their system of acceptance being by all accounts very random and taking forever.  At some point I'm sure the podcast will be there, but for now I don't think it is.  But as for your question there, you can listen to the podcast anywhere and it helps us out (other than YouTube, funny enough, at the moment any way). ?

28 minutes ago, Daven said:

As far as I'm aware the podcast is not yet on spotify owing to their system of acceptance being by all accounts very random and taking forever.  At some point I'm sure the podcast will be there, but for now I don't think it is.  But as for your question there, you can listen to the podcast anywhere and it helps us out (other than YouTube, funny enough, at the moment any way). ?

Dude, it's out

Screenshot_20180522-184458.png

Edited by otefollert
Lacked a part

I don't think Spotify gives us anything directly, but that would ultimately count as a download of an episode, which when you get enough of them advertisers then are willing to sponsor the show, which is key to have happen eventually.  Our overall listenership is plenty big enough for such sponsorship, but because a decent percentage listen through YouTube, which doesn't count as downloads, thus far haven't gotten any sponsors super interested yet as the download numbers don't look as good as they like (Most want HUGE listenership before willing to sponsor.).  Sort of splitting the audience right now. ?

Why do you post the podcast on YouTube? I know your "home media" is YouTube, but the podcast format really doesn't match YouTube. If it's splitting your "views", then let the podcast be its own thing and not try to cross platform it. I generally don't think of YouTube for pure audio (other than music, though even that has waned since I got Amazon Music Unlimited). I also don't really go for videos longer than about 15 min, mostly because I have ADOS (Attention Deficit, Ooo Shiny!) and I start getting distracted by other things. (at the same time I am a completionist, so I finish what I start) so I would never click on the podcast on YouTube, even for background noise. 

So, let the podcast be its own thing on its own medium and let the videos be their thing. (though I would love an audio only version of tifo to listen to while driving,) 

Thanks for expanding your media reach and starting the podcast. 

" (though I would love an audio only version of tifo to listen to while driving "  That is coming very soon! ?

On the other note of why we post the podcast on youtube, it's mainly just for promotional reasons.  However, we have been very surprised to note how many people just prefer to listen via YouTube for some odd reason.  I assume they're just sitting at their desks at work or whatever and it's easier to just open up a new tab and let it run in the background than whip out your phone or something.  Or maybe they have YouTube Red which lets you continue listening to youtube videos even when you turn your screen off, and don't already have a podcast app installed on their phone, so just prefer to listen via YouTube that way. Interesting whatever the case.

Didn't expect to enjoy the podcast as much as I did! I'm excited to listen to more.

Did you guys stop uploading the podcast on YouTube? I don't have iTunes so is there any other way I can get new episodes?

Keep up the great work!

If you have an Android device, tell Google assistant to play the podcast...  Or I think I saw someone say it's available on Spotify...

Hey, I'm not sure where to post questions/suggestions/new topics so I'll do it here. Have you ever heard of SciencesPo, the university that basically controls France? It's a high-profile university that basically fills all the ranks of the french government (including 7 out of the last 8 french presidents). I'd really love to hear more about the institution, either in a video or in a podcast (if it fits the show of course). Anyways, regardless if you pick this topic or not, I still enjoy very much the show. Keep up the good work!