Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Daven

Episode 13- Caesarean and the Fascinating Story of James Barry (a.k.a. Margaret Bulkley)

Some good stuff in this one I think. In fact, I think part 1 is the least interesting of them if that's any gauge.  Stay tuned ?

I have a feeling that the closest we get to 'English national dress' might be Morris Dancers, at least when I think of lederhosen I think of schuhplattler dancing so there is a parallel.

For some really interesting discussion regarding the shift of pronunciations of letters like the hard "k" to sibilant "s" of the letter "c," check out "The History of English Podcast.". It is a very interesting listen.  I think he also posts research and reference links on his website.

No serious historian actually thinks that Caesar was born via C-Section; the idea is that potentially one of Caesar's ancestors was born this way, as Caesar was a cognomen for Julius' family going back generations. This idea  was suggest by Pliney the Elder , but most historians also discredit this as the source of the Casear name.

57 minutes ago, Chris said:

No serious historian actually thinks that Caesar was born via C-Section; the idea is that potentially one of Caesar's ancestors was born this way, as Caesar was a cognomen for Julius' family going back generations. This idea  was suggest by Pliney the Elder , but most historians also discredit this as the source of the Casear name.

- Shouldve listened to the whole podcast before commenting, they later cover this story.