Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Daven

Episode 17: Could the Tyrannosaurus Rex Really Not See You If You Didn't Move?

If you're wondering why we aren't announcing the winner of the contest in this one, it's because we recorded this one before the Caesar series over a month ago and simply completely forgot about it... So it's a little behind the times. ?

some feedback on the feedback:

1 - pellaken pronounced the same as pelican, but you can call me teddy :P

2 - I also don't like the interviews as much; but listen to them still. the reason is I come to listen to the two of you! Even if you were interviewing somebody awesome, I'd still prefer your information segments. 

A caveat to point 2 is if you happen to interview one of the, perhaps, 50 people on the entire planet whom I already listen to in podcasts or youtube on a regular basis, but in fairness, I'd be just as eager to listen to an interview they do of you!

edited to add (in case you dont recognize me) I've finally changed my profile picture as the old one is from a website I've not owned in a decade

Edited by Pellaken

This week's bonus Star Trek reference was well hidden and occurs at 24:50.... In a million years it'll be like "The descendants of a human - look at this tadpole-like creature."

This is clearly a reference to Star Trek Voyager episode 2x15 "Threshold' in which humans who have traveled at Warp 10 are "hyper-evolved" into tadpole-like creatures.

Edited by EvilPicard
Abandon ill-advised nested quotation marks

Just checking in as one of the  < 20% women that listen (apparently).  I found this very surprising!  Who wouldn't want to know more stuff about stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 1:42 PM, Shealyn said:

I found this very surprising!  Who wouldn't want to know more stuff about stuff. 

I also always find this a bit surprising. Just as fascinating is how much women love learning about serial killers and true crime type stuff, and how much men don't seem terribly interested in that.  The numbers are kind of flipped on that one.  Super bizarre on both fronts! :-)

23 hours ago, Daven said:

I also always find this a bit surprising. Just as fascinating is how much women love learning about serial killers and true crime type stuff, and how much men don't seem terribly interested in that.  The numbers are kind of flipped on that one.  Super bizarre on both fronts! ?

Perhaps it's related to what people say are the "greatest fears" when dating. A man's greatest fear is said to be rejection and a woman's greatest fear is said to be getting murdered. By learning about true crime and serial killers, maybe we are attempting to learn how to recognize the perpetrators and avoid them.

Or more likely women just suffer from morbid curiosity. ?