Welcome to our site

Take a moment to join us, minds are waiting for you.

Sign in to follow this  
Russell

New members welcome thread?

Firstly, I hope this is alright to post or that I have at least posted this thread in the correct section of the forum...

Maybe we could have a sticky thread for new members to introduce themselves? 

For me, it's always the first thing I look for when signing up on a new forum. 

On that topic, I'm new here, I thought I would sign up as I heard the forum mentioned on a podcast. I stumbled upon the podcast accidentally as my YouTube went into autoplay. I'm glad it did too! 

I'm an old school technology forum crawler, more specifically PC hardware forums, an automotive technician, a chef and a web admin. I listen to a number of podcasts on and off and I just wanted to sign up and show some support for the show and I hope it continues to grow!

Hello, Russell!
Couldn't agree with you more, "introduce yourself thread" makes community welcoming and inclusive.
My name is Jack, btw, and it's nice to meet you. Pretty sad that you haven't visited community since your last post.
I'm a geek, hobbyist and an IT freelancer. Came here because of podcast too and just wanted to say, how great it is. Thanks for your work!

p.s. - Live long and prosper ?

Hi! I'm Mike. I'm an internet veteran and random facts addict. As for how I ended up here, I started following Rob Dyke which led me to Matthew Santoro which led me to Chills/Top 15 & Obsolete Oddity after which YouTube recommended List 25. I was dismayed I never knew that List 25 had a YouTube channel because I knew about the website for a long time and started watching rabidly (like I'd personally watch any other way). One day I found they had collaboration with TopTenzNet and I discovered the venerable Simon Whistler. Mr. Whistler mentioned a new channel he had called Biographics in which he mentioned another channel named Today I Found Out. 

I like macabre, horror, comedy, non-fiction, true crime and debunkers (Doctor Mike, History Buff, etc) for my YouTube entertainment and, obviously, Today I Found Out fits right in there. I'm pushing 50 and it's sometimes hard to find new obscure stuff to learn and about 25% of TIFO's content is completely new to me. And what I do know is re-consumed in a very entertaining milieu. The podcast is a great reminder of what I do know and a wonderful surprise of what I don't. It's great to hear people converse using multi-syllabic vocabulary and in the corny, best pals style of two people who genuinely want to learn and share what they learn while being bromance partners.. 

I'm an old-school geek, gaming dork, nerd and fandom fan. My vocation is gamemaster but I've recently been derailed by a steadily failing voicebox. I also mentor LGBT youth and have the honor of being a lot of unruly inner=city kids' "Uncle" Mike. 😁 

Love the podcast, love the channel, and even loved having my eardrums blown out by Simon's whistling. 
Spouse: "What are you listening to?"
Me: "Simon Whistler whistling..."
Spouse:  "...."

I heard about the website on the podcast.  I found the podcast through Today I Found Out.I'm a retired teacher, 34 years in Philadelphia. I love to travel, read, listen to podcasts and watch Youtube. I also love spending time with my almost two year old grandson. Looking forward to many good discussions.